Fully Integrated GxP-Compliant Global Transport and Storage
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
World Courier provides time and temperature-sensitive transportation services to the pharmaceutical industry.
Relying on its own international network of over 150 company-owned offices in more than 50 countries, World Courier works closely with customers to ensure regulatory compliance and supply chain integrity, as well as to identify and deliver the best logistical solutions for each individual study or shipment.
Following an extensive review of international good practice (GxP) and quality management standards, as well as the successful implementation of company-wide compliance processes in 2009, World Courier meets all current standards for GxP compliancy as it applies to the courier / transport industry. Each World Courier office is also ISO 9001:2008-certified and maintains its own IATA-certified dangerous goods team.
World Courier is dedicated to treating every shipment on an individual priority basis, delivering customised solutions and value-added services to the pharmaceutical and biomedical industries.
In 2012, World Courier was acquired by AmerisourceBergen Corporation, one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies. Serving the US, Canada, and selected global markets, AmerisourceBergen provides a suite of value-added services that focuses exclusively on enhancing the effectiveness of the pharmaceutical supply chain.
A partner in clinical trial logistics
With a fully GxP-compliant transport and storage supply chain system in place, World Courier meets the most demanding industry expectations for managing time and temperature-sensitive clinical trial materials.
Every shipment, whether containing biological specimens, investigational drugs, vaccines, or other delicate pharmaceutical products, is handled on an individual basis by highly trained personnel.
Clinical trial services include:
- Development of transport schedules to / from investigator sites
- Site assistance including review of protocols, documentation, permits, paperwork, and packaging
- Cold chain services including temperature-controlled packaging, supplies, and expertise
- In-transit dry ice / gel-pack replenishment and temperature monitoring
- Strict adherence to global standards of practice (SOP) for all biopharm shipments
- Individual shipment monitoring from pick-up to delivery including real-time online tracking with protocol and site-specific details
- Customs clearance and delivery in more than 220 territories and nations
- Pre-customs clearance whenever possible for shortest transit times
- 24-hour availability, including weekends and holidays
Investigational drug storage depots
World Courier operates 13 ISO 9001:2008 good manufacturing practice (GMP) compliant investigational drug storage depots in Latin America (including Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, México, and Perú), Europe (Russia), Africa (South Africa), and the Asia Pacific (including Australia, China, India, Japan, and Singapore).
Leading pharmaceutical companies worldwide rely on this sophisticated investigational drug storage network to dramatically improve clinical trial logistics in challenging and strategic regulatory environments.
These state-of-the-art facilities offer:
- Separate validated storage areas (15°C to 25°C, 2°C to 8°C, -20°C, and -70°C) for investigational drugs and other temperature-sensitive materials
- Closed lockers to guarantee maximum confidentiality
- Storage space for ancillary supplies and returned drugs in non-temperature-controlled areas
- Comprehensive site management SOPs
- Full-time on-site pharmacists
- Remote Internet-based client access
- Same-day or next-day distribution to in-country locations
Global temperature-controlled transport services
World Courier also offers sophisticated temperature-controlled transport services designed to minimise the number of temperature excursions faced by researchers, an area now increasingly scrutinised by regulators.
- Speciality packaging solutions
- Comprehensive guidance with country-specific import requirements
- Global SOPs for all quality-related activities
- In-transit temperature monitoring
- Refrigerated trucking services
- Expedited customs brokerage
Dangerous goods courses and climate-controlled transport awareness training
Offered on-site, off-site, or via a distance-learning video, World Courier delivers one-day dangerous goods courses designed specifically for pharmaceutical professionals who handle biological specimens. Climate-controlled transport awareness training is now also available to customers in various markets.
Available White Papers
Securing the Supply Chain: Third-Party Contingency Planning for Clinical Trial Transport Are you certain that your logistics provider can effectively respond to the many unexpected occurrences that threaten to disrupt your carefully conceived budget and timetable?
Temperature-Control Solutions Customising the Cold Chain Of historical global pharmaceutical industry statistics, two in particular stand out. Brazil, Russia, India, and China (BRIC) nations accounted for $2.68bn in sales for 2016, and $8bn was spent on cold chain logistics globally in 2014.
Worldwide Pharmaceutical Logistics Risk Management The globalisation of clinical trials and specialty pharmaceutical commercialisation, along with the rise of complex biological-based drug therapies, present a host of opportunities for manufacturers.
Ten Tips for Contingency Planning and Crisis Preparation Contingency planning is the process that prepares us individually, corporately and on a local and global level to respond coherently to an unplanned event.
Smarter Supply, Executive Brief: New Requirements in Global Clinical Supply Spur Evolution and Innovation Who knew clinical trial logistics had so much in common with the automotive and high-tech industries? That certainly seems to be the case with trends such as just-in-time (JIT), customer-managed inventory (CMI) and vendor-managed inventory (VMI).