Global expenditure on clinical trials is excessively expensive, amounting to an estimated $38.5bn a year, with just over $10bn of that figure being spent annually on trials in Europe.
Tougher regulatory consequences for breaches of quality and safety in clinical trials and increasing commercial pressures to keep costs low, mean that pharmaceutical companies are struggling to find the right balance between the two.
Overcoming the challenges of clinical trial management
The 3rd Annual Achieving Operational Efficiency in Clinical Trials aims to offer advice on how to overcome the current difficulties in clinical trial management.
The new agenda for 2012 includes:
- Implementing study start-up in Europe in a manner that meets your timelines
- Listening to case studies on feasibility, vendor selection and proactive trial management
- Identifying revolutionary technologies for data management and data collection
- Solving your high CRA turnover concerns
- Considering the best practices for effective study planning and contingency actions to prevent unsuccessful trials
- Optimising your vendor selection and management strategies
Key speakers at the Achieving Operational Efficiency in Clinical Trials event
Key speakers at the 3rd annual event include:
- Ralf Wolter - director of operations at Biotest
- Alexander Mion - head team GI / lung Ca / signalling, Clinical Operations at F.Hoffmann La Roche
- Tina Lund - global recruitment and retention manager for Novo Nordisk
- Bert Hartog - director of R&D at Janssen Cilag
- Martin Bauer - MD and head of clinical development and operations at Otsuka Frankfurt Research Institute
- Matina Widman - director of clinical operations for Diamyd Pharmaceuticals
The event will take place from 19 until 20 September 2012 in Brussels, Belgium.
Testimonals from previous events
Previous Achieving Operational Efficiency in Clinical Trials events have received very positive feedback, such as:
- Marta Rayo, Advancell project manager: "Very interesting presentations, good to see that concerns were generalised between the audience. Some interesting and innovative solutions and independent issues discussed."
- Cindy Anthonissen, Novartis clinical trial head: "Loved the networking, interactions and sharing experience."
- Maria Grammarikou, head of clinical operations at Roche: "Very well organised! Speakers with experience on their field. Representatives from many pharma and CRO companies. An event that gives you the opportunity to broaden your know-how by learning best practices with colleagues from other pharma / CRO companies."
- Gail Adamis, CEO GlobalCare: "Great opportunity to learn from industry expertise in a personal environment."