New R&D-stage lineup addresses longstanding challenges, from early stage powder characterisation and formulation development to...
Introducing the STYL’One Nano R&D tablet press from Medelpharm, a benchtop-sized compact solution to cater for most tabletting laboratory needs.
The STYL’One Nano allows independent setting of force and position control, fill height and compression thickness, along with extended dwell times, allowing product developers to achieve ideal formulation recipes for future tablets.
The new software associated with the STYL’One Nano complies with the recently introduced USP General Chapter 1062 (USP 1062) guidelines that characterise tablet compression.
STYL’One Nano design and engineering
STYL‘One Nano was designed to be the most advanced Benchtop Tablet Press currently available and to offer unparalleled ease and fast data analysis.
At its core is a single-punch press design, which is ideal for small amounts of API and excipient at formulation stage, offering ease of operation and cleaning. The instrument leverages on the unique and powerful MEDELPHARM drive technology developed for premium compaction simulators.
The Nano’s flexibility allows researchers to drive punches at high velocity to replicate the pre- and main compression of a small rotary tablet press used to detect and prevent capping and other common tablet defects.
Fully instrumented and accepting standard B & D tooling, this tabletting instrument is fully software-controlled in force or position mode to capture material properties and “let your powder speak to you”.
Premium Alix data analysis software allows researchers to plot the recommended profiles as set forth in USP <1062> and to build up their own API & excipient databases.
STYL’One Nano features and options
The STYL’One Nano comes fully equipped to provide formulation laboratories with precise information on powders under study and a very wide range of process options.
- Force and position control: Force control is the mode of choice for making tablets at specified force and essential in neat API characterisation or in quickly plotting tablet breaking force vs compression force. Position control is the preferred choice to mimic rotary tablet presses dynamics and to study the effect of turret speed and/or pre-compression level.
- On-screen control: Identical to the flagship STYL’One Evolution, STYL’One Nano is entirely controlled by software that allows each process parameter, such as filling height or compression thickness/force, to be precisely specified.
- Independent Fill Height and Compression Thickness Adjustment: Unlike eccentric single-punch presses, adjusting the fill height is independent of the compression thickness.
- Interconnection: STYL’One Nano can be connected to all automatic or semi-automatic 5-parameter hardness testers to transfer testing data on breaking force, thickness, length, width, mass, etc. to software.
- Standard tooling: Supports standard TSM and Euro B and D tooling of any shapes, including multi-tip and oversize.
- Compact & mobile, with small footprint: This compact tabletop unit can be installed on an existing bench, on its optional mobile base or inside a downflow booth.
- Uncompromised instrumentation: High-resolution force and position sensors are fitted on both punches placing pre- and main compression forces and displacement, ejection force and elastic recovery at the operator’s disposal.
- Pre- and main compression: A powerful drive technology allows accurate replication of pre- and main compression of research rotary presses at the same velocity.
- Fast bottom punch dynamics: The Nano’s bottom punch velocity is far above that of eccentric presses and emulates the movements on rotary tablet presses, where the lower punch applies most of the compression displacement.
- Integrated characterisation standards: STYL’One Nano software natively integrates USP <1062> tablet characterisation standards to make manufacturability profiles (tablet breaking force vs compression force) or tabletability profiles (tensile strength vs pressure) readily available. Compressibility and compactibility profiles are also available when powder true density is known.
- Choice of Profiles: The USP <1062>. Profiles include Saw Tooth, Square or R&D Rotary Press that make deep material characterisation accessible. Square (Extended Dwell-Time) is a must to analyze particle rearrangement, while Saw Tooth is largely used to analyze and standardise strain rate sensitivity tests (speed sensitivity).
- Additional functions: accessories like Paddlematic feeder and external lubrication bring you production stability while the instrumented die helps to further characterise your formulation.
For more information on the STYL’One Nano, please fill out the enquiry form attached to this page.
Tableting has never been so easy and so powerful, from pure API characterisation to formulation...
Mini-tablets, smaller than 3 mm in diameter, an innovative trend in solid dosage form design,...
Medelpharm is pleased to announce the release of Alix, an innovative integrated worldwide R&D platform...