AnagnosTec MALDI-TOF MS Microbial Identification and Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing
AnagnosTec is a solutions provider focused on matrix-assisted laser desorption / ionisation and time-of-flight (MALDI-TOF MS) methods to identify microorganisms such as bacteria, yeast and fungi.
Identified microorganisms will be used for clinical and analytical laboratory applications.
AnagnosTec is the inventor of the Spectral ARchive And Microbial Identification System (SARAMIS™) and is known in the scientific and commercial laboratory community as the ‘original MALDI-TOF MS microbial identification company’.
Antibiotic susceptibility testing and sub-typing
To achieve its leadership in this field AnagnosTec developed core competences in microbiology, software development, database management, data mining in MALDI TOF mass spectra and optimisation of routine procedures in analytical laboratories. Now the company is focusing on advanced analytics which go beyond ‘simple’ identification methods towards antibiotic susceptibility testing, sub-typing, etc. using in-depth information contained in mass spectra. Customised developments and services for microbial laboratories are the core offerings beside SARAMIS.
Microorganism identification using a microbial identification system
SARAMIS identifies bacteria, yeasts and fungi in just 2min based on characteristic MALDI-TOF mass spectra fingerprints. The key features of this commercially available solution are:
- Safe and reliable identification down to sub-species level
- Identical processing of all bacteria, yeasts and fungi
- Applicable for all microorganisms grown on agar plates
- Takes just 2min from colony picking to result
- Comprehensive database of species available
Customised research and development for microbiology
In addition to SARAMIS AnagnosTec offers customised research and development and tailored services to solve the challenges of specific application in diagnostics, the pharmaceutical industry, quality assurance, etc. SARAMIS tailored solutions are applicable and proven in a broad range of industries, such as:
- Diagnostics in clinical human and veterinarian laboratories
- Research and quality of strain collections
- Pharmacokinetics and quality assurance in the pharmaceutical industry
- Rapid identification and clustering at bio-defence organisations
- In-process control in the food and beverage industry
- Environmental analytics
Analytical services: MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry services
AnagnosTec provides high-quality MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry services for clinical and analytical laboratories, academia, biotechnological organisations, the pharmaceutical industry and other institutions. The following samples are typically provided by our customers:
- Intact cells (plants, bacteria, fungi, sponges, insects and tissues)
- Extracts of natural samples
- Sera (blood and plant milk)
- Purified samples
- In-vitro biosynthesis mixtures (peptides)
Rapid return of analytical results, highly competitive prices and full confidentiality are assured.
Take advantage of AnagnosTec’s expertise and ten-year track record, and discuss your application with our expert team.