3M Purification Filtration and Purification Technologies for the Pharmaceutical Industry
3M Purification has over 95 years’ experience in delivering product quality and process reliability enhancements. 3M Purification’s team of specialists provides technical and regulatory support to the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries and to the water filtration market.
Furthermore, we can assist in start-up, process optimisation and trouble shooting activities which are fully supported by our ISO accredited laboratories. This enables customers to make sound technical choices about the best separations technology and to profit from the company’s collective experience of more than 95 years in the filtration business.
High levels of customer service come as standard. Our Scientific Applications Support Services (SASS) is a key part of this mission and is made up of experienced personnel with a wide range of services at its disposal, including validation support, system optimisation and problem solving.
3M Purification can draw upon over 45 in-house technology platforms to deliver the solutions that you need today and to partner with you on the development of new products to address your needs of tomorrow.
Separation and purification technology for the pharmaceutical industry
With a strong emphasis on innovation and excellence 3M Purification provides solutions for processing and manufacturing industries. Our 3M Purification team is on hand to take the time to understand your complete process, determining where our extensive product portfolio and processes can assist you in increased productivity.
Leading edge separation and purification technology from 3M is widely used to minimise processing costs, improve product output and reduce process times.
Filtration solutions for biotechnology
Biotechnology is recognised as the technology by which the world’s next generation of medicines and vaccines will be produced.
For all your depth, membrane and sterile filtration requirements 3M Purification offers cost-effective and robust solutions which help optimise your drug development, RD&E and industrial production.
- Cell harvest: 3M™ Zeta Plus™ EZP depth filters, 3M™ LifeASSURE™ PDA membrane filters
- HCP reduction: 3M™ Zeta Plus™ EXT ZA, 3M™ Zeta Plus™ ZA depth filters
- DNA reduction: 3M™ Zeta Plus™ EXT ZA depth filters
- Endotoxin removal: 3M™ LifeASSURE™ 020SP membrane filters, 3M™ Zeta Plus™ EXT ZA and 3M™ ZetaCarbon™ depth filters
- Pre-particle filtration: 3M™ Betafine™ XL, 3M™ Betafine™ PEG and PPG non-membrane filters, 3M™ Betapure™ NT-P depth filters, 3M™ high flow filters, 3M™ 100 and 3M™ 740 filter bag series, 3M™ Zeta Plus™ SP depth filters
Purification equipment for pharmaceutical manufacturing
Ease of use, containment, single use, scalability and total cost of ownership are key areas that we address during the development of our solutions. Our expertise can help you become more efficient in the following key areas:
- Tank farm solvent filtration: 3M™ Betafine™ XL non-membrane filters, 3M™ LifeASSURE™ PFS membrane filters
- Pre-solvent filtration: 3M™ Micro-Klean™ D and 3M™ Zeta Plus™ SP depth filters, 3M™ Betafine™ XL pleated non-membrane filters, 3M™ NB Series bags, CUNO™ MS metal filter cartridges, 3M™ Betapure™ NT-P depth filters
- Water filtration: 3M™ 740 cartridges
- Catalyst recovery: 3M™ Zeta Plus™ SP depth filters
- Additive and soluble retention: 3M™ NB Series bags, 3M™ Zeta Plus™ SP depth filters
- Decolourisation: 3M™ ZetaCarbon depth filters
- Particle pre-filtration of feedstock or final products: 3M™ Betafine™ XL and 3M™ Betafine™ T cartridges, 3M™ LifeASSURE™ PLA and 3M™ LifeASSURE™ PNA membrane filters
Chemical and petrochemical filtration products
Chemical manufacturers around the world depend on 3M Purification’s advanced filtration technologies for efficient contaminant removal and enhanced equipment protection. Our filtration products significantly lower production costs while helping to provide the highest quality, contaminant-free final product. For all your chemical processing filtration needs – from demineralised water to the most select grades of fine chemicals – 3M Purification has solutions that can assist in optimising your processes.
3M Purification is a key provider of separations equipment to the chemical and petrochemical markets, from the treatment of the raw materials, to the production processes and right through to the final polish filters required.
3M Purification focuses on delivering installations which optimise the total cost of filtration by maximising filter life whilst maintaining a consistent level of performance. This ensures that our customers can consistently achieve their demanding quality specifications whilst reducing production downtime, product scrap / re-work levels, generated waste, and energy consumption rates.
Our experienced sales and engineering staff are happy to assist in supplying the solution best suited to your needs, whether that be from our broad range of depth filter cartridges (3M™ Betapure™ AU, 3M™ Betapure™ NT-TE, 3M™ MicroKlean™ RB or 3M™ MicroKlean™ RT), pleated filters (3M™ 700 series) or bag cartridges and filters (3M™ DF Series or 3M™ NB series). Housings applicable for this solution are: 3M™ CH housings, 3M™ CT housings, 3M™ DS housings, 3M™ MEB housings and 3M™ WTB housings.
Our key products are:
- 3M™ ZetaPlus EZP lenticular depth filters
- 3M™ ZetaPlus lenticular depth filters
- 3M™ ZetaCarbon lenticular depth filters
- 3M™ LifeASSURE membrane filters
- 3M™ BetafineTM XL pleated non-membrane filters
- 3M™ Betapure depth filters
- 3M™ MicroKlean depth filters
- 3M™ housings
- 3M™ 740B high flow filters
- 3M™ 100 and 740 bag series
Products and Services
3M Purification Zeta Plus™ Single-Use Depth Filtration Product Brochure
The Zeta Plus™ encapsulated system is a single-use depth filtration system designed for the bioprocessing industry where upstream cell culture clarification and impurity removal or downstream impurity reduction is required.
MilliporeSigma’s Life Science Campus, Burlington, Massachusetts
Boehringer Ingelheim China Biopharmaceuticals Project, Shanghai
Leveraging 40 years of expertise and innovation in bioburden, biomass and fine-particle reduction filtration, the Purification division of 3M, the diversified technology company, has enhanced its successful encapsulated single-use depth filtration range by releasing new Scaling tools. The new Zeta Plus scale-up capsule filters from 3M are innovative in that they are easy to use and allow predictable performance when scaling from laboratory fermentations during process development to commercial biomanufacturing and purification.Read more
The primary application for the Zeta Plus encapsulated system is cell culture clarification after fermentation. The system can be employed alone or in combination with centrifugation or tangential flow filtration (TFF).Read more
Diversified technology company 3M has launched a range of bioburden reduction filters combining the high filtration performance of membrane-type media with enhanced flow characteristics, enabling lower system costs and longer operating lifetimes.Read more
3M’s Encapsulated Filtration System Offers a Robust, Convenient Solution for Biomanufacturing Customers
Addressing the demand for reliable, high-quality disposable depth filtration, the Zeta Plus Encapsulated System (EZP) from 3M raises the bar in terms of ergonomics, capsule design and dual zone filter media.Read more