Clinical Operations in Oncology Trials The Event for Clinical Trials in Oncology
Arena International is pleased to unveil Clinical Operations in Oncology Trials, which is to be held in Boston, Massachusetts, US, on 18 and 19 July 2012.
The conference will focus on how best to achieve operational efficiencies over the course of your oncology trial and will focus on a number of key topics:
- Insight into data management for oncology trials
- Site selection for targeted therapies
- Optimising phase I oncology timelines
- Designing protocols for paediatric trials and increasingly complex trials
- Planning and implementing oncology trials in the emerging markets
Guest speakers from top CROs and biotech firms
According to PriceWaterhouseCoopers the area of oncology was "the single biggest global pharmaceutical seller in 2009" with sales exceeding $52bn. It is therefore the most profitable therapeutic area for drug development with a forecasted value of $78bn by 2012.
With the market being estimated at such a large value, now is a perfect time to hear from top contract research organisations and biotech firms.
- Giovanni Abedessa – director clinical development, ArQule
- Mark J. Beller, MBA – medical director, RadCore Labs
- Jurek Bowjanowski – clinical operations oncology, Sanofi-Aventis
- Penny Carlson – associate director clinical operations, Millennium Pharmaceuticals
- Madhuri Desai – manager, clinical trials, Daiichi Sankyo
- Heather DiBenedetto – director clinical operations – translational medicine, Novartis
- Lee Ferrande – principle clinical trial manager, EMD Serono
- Janet Flisak – clinical trial lead – oncology, Johnson & Johnson
- Fiona Garner – clinical scientist, Sanofi-Aventis
- Ai-Min Hui, MD., PhD – global clinical leader, Millennium Pharmaceuticals
- Jennifer Kelley – clinical operations manager, Sanofi-Aventis
- Valerie Legagneur – director, development operations – asset leads, Pfizer
- Annette Nawrocki – director, clinical operations – oncology, Celgene Corporation
- Yuka Sato Olivo – associate director clinical operations, Boehringer-Ingelheim
- Anjaiah Srirangam – clinical trial manager, Sanofi-Aventis
- Rochelle Williams – clinical programme manager, Massachusetts General Hospital
The conference will bring together like-minded individuals in the quest to discover effective cancer treatments, creating an excellent platform for networking opportunities to compare and contrast your peers’ processes and provide the perfect environment to develop your own ideas.
Developing broader trials in the fight against cancer
According to Al-Refaie et al (2011) "Physicians, payers, the National Cancer Institute, and other stakeholders need to develop broader cancer trials to benefit the millions of patients with cancer in the United States."
Clinical Operations in Oncology Trials comes at an important time as the fight against cancer and the standard of cancer care increases in the US, and with time running out to book your place on the event, now is the perfect time to make an enquiry to secure your firm’s attendance.
Companies that are already confirmed include:
- Celegene Corporation
- EMD Serono
- Millennium Pharmaceuticals
- Aveo Pharmaceuticals
- Johnson & Johnson
Don’t miss out on what is shaping up to be a fantastic event. Places are strictly limited so make sure you book early to avoid disappointment.
A small number of places are still available – book now quoting MK-DP. For more information or to book your place, please contact us.