3M Gas & Flame Detection’s fixed and portable gas detectors are always application-driven and solution-oriented.
Whether for a single application or multiple sites and areas, the company’s durable gas monitoring solutions meet your unique industrial needs.
It offers a broad range of gas detectors and controllers to satisfy most international certification standards such as the ATEX directive, safety integrity levels (SIL), Canadian Standards Association (CSA), Marine and the International Electrotechnical Commission System for Certification to Standards Relating to Equipment for Use in Explosive Atmospheres (IECEx).
Find the controllers, transmitters and accessories you need to effectively protect your people and your environment from hazardous gases.
MX 43 SIL-1 Certified Gas Detection Controller
SIL-1 Certified MX 43 is a flexible, high-quality, easy-to-use gas detection system. This fully scalable unit is designed to meet functional safety performance level 1 standards.
This analogue and digital controller continuously measures and controls gases in the atmosphere. The MX 43 gas detector manages both digital lines and analogue channels and covers all needs for a wide variety of gas monitoring applications. The MX 43 digital technology allows up to 32 detectors to be distributed on 8 lines for increased cost savings.
USB Module for Improved Storage Capacity
3M Gas & Flame Detection has improved the storage capacity of its MX 43 controller by adding a USB module. The USB option provides the user with the following benefits:
- Continuous data logging on the USB key at a user-defined sampling rate from two seconds to 15 minutes
- Recording in real-time of all events (alarms, faults, alarm resets and calibration)
- Automatic backup of the configuration
- Automatic backup of the firmware
- Loading a configuration or a firmware file from the USB stick in order to restore or update the system easily
The 4GB USB drive fitted with the USB kit, provides a recording capacity of more than two years (18 months in the worst case for a controller equipped with 32 detectors), a two second sampling rate (32 measurements every two seconds), and 100 events per day per gas detector (3,200 events per day).
The COM 43 Programming CD
The MX 43 is now available with a programming CD that is compatible with any MX 43 controller already in use. COM 43 is a simple application that gives the user access to the advanced features of the MX 43 controller and makes programming fast and easy to do.
Users save precious time by configuring the controller’s parameters on their computer and transferring these parameters directly to the MX 43 using a USB cable.
Programming is quick and easy. The COM 43 application can be installed on a computer from a CD and gives access to all of the controller’s options:
- Configuration of measurement channels
- Simplified relay programming
- Up to 5 on-board functions: OR, AND, NOR, NAND, VOTING
- Advanced management of audible alarms with timer options (holding time, automatic acknowledgment, reactivation, evacuation)
COM 43 is equipped with useful features that make programming your MX43 gas detector easy, quick, and secure:
- Graphic display for easy relay programming
- Architecture displayed progressively as the programming process is completed
- Access to a 3M Gas & Flame Detection gas monitor library pre-programmed according to industry standards
- Highly practical copy-paste function saves time by preventing programming errors from one sensor to the next
- Verification/validation feature to ensure correct programming and to flag any programming errors before validating
- Transfer settings to the controller in just a few seconds
The CD also contains the French and English user manuals for the COM 43 and the MX 43 controller.