How can new technology improve the productivity of your microsphere formulation process? Powder Systems Limited...
As a simplified alternative to more complex and costly technologies, the simplefilter is designed for many pharmaceutical and chemical applications such as: hydrogenation, carbon filtration, catalyst recovery, pre-filter for micro-filtration, APIs and intermediate filtration.
The simplefilter consists of a heated insulated vessel with a filtration media attached to a heated base and a side discharge hatch for efficient drying and uncomplicated removal of the product through a purged GloveBag.
Combined filtration and drying equipment such as the simplefilter provides a more ergonomic and efficient answer to pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, chemical and laboratory industry requirements, where safe heel removal is vital as the intermediate or end product is often of great value.
To suit all process requirements, the simplefilter is available in two standard sizes 0.125m² (50L) and 0.3m² (130L), and is in PFA coated carbon steel as standard or available in 316L stainless steel and Alloy 22 as options.
The simplefilter presents numerous design features and benefits:
- Agitation capability with high level of safety with an agitator ergonomically designed to smooth and plough the cake with raise/lower system
- High containment discharge is available for active or sensitive product through a nitrogen purged GloveBag including airlock
- Continuous liner discharge chute can be incorporated providing fully contained discharge
- Discharge plug sample port option is available for simple contained sampling
- The compact unit is mobile as standard for easy use anywhere within the plant
- Removable base for easy cleaning
- Internal cleaning spray balls are available for increased cleaning requirements
The filtration media is easily replaceable, therefore no need for filter bags or cartridges providing lower operating cost. Furthermore the heel removal GloveBag mounted on the discharge hatch of the simplefilter allows higher yield. The heel is recovered using the product rake from within the GloveBag maximising product recovery in a contained manner.
PSL is to exhibit at PMEC India this week, on stand F50, Hall 6 of...
PSL has won two high-profile manufacturing awards in as many months.In October, the company scooped...
Powder Systems Limited (PSL), an international leading manufacturer of high containment isolators and glove boxes...