Peak Biotech is an engineering company with a focus on pilot- and production-scale equipment for...
Peak LP DAC columns are designed for high performance. The columns have variable bed length and are designed for low pressure applications.
The columns are designed with internal hydraulic compression, which makes the construction space-saving. This is a particular strength when beds are packed, due to high mobility (e.g. through door openings).
The same distributor and frit construction in the top and bottom of the column allow both up- and down flow directions and ensure an evenly distributed flow through the packed bed. The columns offer easy handling and service, with a focus on safety.
- Column diameter: 100mm-1,600mm
- Packed bed length: 50mm-1,000mm
- Design pressure: 6 bar or 10 bar
- Design flow according to customer requirement
High performance packing
- Specially designed distributor ensures even flow across the bed
- Slurry inlet valve for quick and easy packing
- Slurry outlet valve for quick and easy unpacking, without opening the column
- Repacking without opening the column
- Reproducible packing each time
- The packing can be automated
- Inlet and outlet valve in sanitary design
- Connections are sanitary design
- Minimised dead volumes inside columns allows complete CIP
- Mobile construction makes it possible to move the columns around within the facility, e.g. when necessary to do column packing in one area and production in another area
- Easy installation and connection to other equipment
- Removable frit plates for easy replacement, cleaning or product change
- Frit plates are available in a range of frit pore sizes, from 2µm to 75µm
Materials and construction
- Construction: all columns are CE-marked and cGMP-compliant
- Parts in product contact: stainless steel 316L, duplex or Hastelloy
- PEHD or PTFE sealings in FDA-approved materials (USP Class VI is optional)
- Construction codes: PED for Europe, ASME for US
- Design codes: ASME BP
If you would like more information on our low pressure columns or any of our other systems, please contact us using the enquiry form.