Nestle Health has acquired a 19% stake in Aimmune Therapeutics for $98m.

The companies have also extended a prior agreement for developing food allergy treatments by two years. The agreement allows Aimmune to retain all rights to its existing and future pipeline assets.

The deal has increased Nestle Health’s total investment in Aimmune to $273m.

Based in the US, Nestle Health is a health sciences company focused on nutrition therapy, while Aimmune is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing treatments for food allergies.

InvaGen has entered an agreement to acquire Avenue Therapeutics for $215m.

In the first stage of the transaction, InvaGen will acquire a 33.3% stake in Avenue’s capital stock for $35m priced at $6 a share.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

The second stage will involve the purchase of all remaining Avenue shares for up to $180m priced at $13.92 a share.

InvaGen is subsidiary of India-based pharmaceutical company Cipla, while Avenue Therapeutics is a speciality pharmaceutical company based in the US.

“Asterias Biotherapeutics and BioTime have signed a merger agreement to form an integrated company that will focus on cell therapies.”

Takeda has set a date for an emergency general meeting (EGM) to vote on the acquisition of Shire for $62bn.

Takeda secured a loan of $31bn from JP Morgan, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp, and MUFG Bank to fund the acquisition, which will take place only if two-thirds of Takeda’s shareholders support the deal at the EGM.

The deal has received the approval of Japanese, US, Brazilian and Chinese authorities.

Based in Japan, Takeda is a pharmaceutical company, while Shire is a speciality biopharmaceutical company based in the US.

Asterias Biotherapeutics and BioTime have signed a merger agreement to form an integrated company that will focus on cell therapies.

Following the transaction, BioTime will hold an 83.8% interest in the combined entity, while Asterias will hold the remaining 16.2%.

The merger agreement is expected to be closed in Q1 2019.

Asterias Biotherapeutics and BioTime are biotechnology companies based in the US.