EQT has agreed to increase its acquisition offer for Karo Pharma to Skr6.15bn ($694m) through the EQT VIII fund.

The revised bid offers Karo Skr38 ($4.23) per share.

EQT is an investment fund, while Karo Pharma is a speciality pharmaceutical company focused on developing and marketing products to pharmacies and healthcare providers.

Both companies involved in the deal are based in Sweden.

Sanofi has sold the global rights to all of its clinical development programmes that were formed as part of a collaboration agreement with MyoKardia.

The agreement was signed in 2014 for the discovery and development of drug candidates for the treatment of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) and dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM). Sanofi paid approximately $230m to MyoKardia as part of the agreement.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

Based in France, Sanofi is a multinational pharmaceutical company, while MyoKardia is a US-based clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing therapies for rare cardiovascular diseases.

“Aralez Pharmaceuticals has divested more than 20 medicines to Nuvo Pharmaceuticals for $110m.”

Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) has signed a definitive merger agreement to acquire Celgene for $74bn.

Celgene shareholders will receive one BMS share and $50 in cash per share, under the terms of the agreement.

BMS shareholders will own 69% of the combined company, while Celgene shareholders will own the remaining 31%.

Based in the US, BMS is a biopharmaceutical company, while Celgene is a biotechnology company focused on developing and commercialising medicines for cancer and inflammatory disorders.

Aralez Pharmaceuticals has divested more than 20 medicines to Nuvo Pharmaceuticals for $110m.

The transaction involved the acquisition of Aralez’s Tribute Pharmaceuticals’ Canada business and the sale of royalties and Canadian operations related to Vimovo, a therapy indicated for the treatment of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.

Aralez Pharmaceuticals is a speciality pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercialising cardiovascular, pain management and dermatological allergy products, while Nuvo is a commercial healthcare company.

Both firms involved in the deal are based in Canada.