SIRION Biotech was thrilled to receive its trophy after winning a Gold Stevie Award at...
SIRION Biotech’s engineered adenovirus vectors are used for transient and quantitative gene expression or knockdown.
Its patented BAC technology enables adenovirus construction in less than five weeks. The system complies with all standard safety criteria by using replication-deficient E1/E3 deleted serotype Ad5 as basis. Virtually every desired gene or short hairpin ribonucleic acid (shRNA) expression construct is possible, with a capacity of 7.5kb.
Benefits of adenovirus include:
- Strong cell accessibility dividing and non-dividing cell
- Tight control of gene expression levels
- High titre productions for transgene delivery in-vivo
- Inducible expression available to study toxic gene modulations
- No site-specific mutagenesis due to episomal genome expression
In addition to standard Adeno applications, SIRION Biotech offers a range of further customisation options, including a choice of custom promoters and transduction enhancers for hard-to-transduce cell types. Any project is thoroughly discussed with its customers to ensure that the resulting particles are feasibly designed and fit the final application.
Adenoviruses can be concentrated to high titres of 10^11 IU/ml making them an extremely efficient method of delivering shRNA or transgenes in-vivo.
Additional benefits for in-vivo use are the fast and strong onset of expression. When using adenoviruses, users must take into consideration that more than 90% of the virus particles will be absorbed by the liver and that there can be strong immunoreactions of the host organism.
An alternative for in-vivo injections with versatile and highest tissue tropism, minimal immunogenicity and handling under BL-1 (S1) are AAVs.
SIRION Biotech’s benefits include:
- Vector formulation for direct in-vivo
- Fast and strong expression onset
- Highly concentrated [5 X10E10 – 1 X10E11 IU/ml]
- From cloning to viral delivery in less than nine weeks (guaranteed with patented BAC technology)
- Large promoter and marker gene portfolio guarantees for flexibility in vector design
- Highest product purity
- Up to four genes from one vector through large packaging capacity (up to 7.5kb)
- Reproducible results due to standardised product quality
The Bavarian Research Foundation has recognised the development being made in continuous research by SIRION...
SIRION Biotech provides highly advanced viral vector technology, as well as vector manufacturing platforms established...
For its stellar performance during the past financial year, Sirion Biotech GmbH (SIRION), a specialist...