Ethylene Oxide (EO) offers a wide range of material compatibility except for moisture- and temperature-sensitive materials.
For manufacturers whose products are particularly radiation sensitive, EO can be an effective sterilization modality.
- External sterilization of pre-filled syringes, vials, or cartridges, where the goal is that EO does not reach the pharmaceutical product
- Sterilization of bulk active pharmaceutical ingredients (API)
- Sterilization of drug-device products
- DNA removal
- Sterilization at low temperatures, ensuring the integrity of both the product and packaging
- Effective sterilization of a broad range of polymers, resins, natural materials, and metals as well as dual drug-device combination products that require external contact surface sterilization
- Consistently meets product and regulatory requirements
- Allows for the release of products directly after processing which results in fast turn times to help get product to market rapidly