Total pharma industry deals for July 2019 worth $4.57bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 95.6% over the previous month and a drop of 82.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $25.81bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 4.4% over the last 12-month average with 130 deals against the average of 136 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $2.63bn.
Pharma industry deals in July 2019: Top deals
The top five pharma deals accounted for 49.1% of the overall value during July 2019.
The combined value of the top five pharma deals stood at $2.25bn, against the overall value of $4.57bn recorded for the month.
The top five pharma industry deals of July 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Permira Advisers’ $748.82m private equity deal with Quotient Sciences
2) The $557.13m acquisition of Breath Therapeutics by ZambonSpA
3) Boehringer Ingelheim International‘s $366.22m acquisition of Amal Therapeutics
4) The $325m venture financing of BioNTech by BVCF Management, Fidelity Management & ResearchLLC, Jebsen Capital, Mirae Asset Financial Group, Platinum Asset Management, Redmile Group, Steam Athena Capital, Strungmann Family and Invus Group
5) Fujifilm Cellular Dynamics, Leaps by Bayer and Versant Venture Management’s venture financing of Century Therapeutics for $250m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.