GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) and Pfizer have agreed to combine their consumer healthcare businesses with combined annual sales of £9.8bn ($12.7bn) and establish a joint venture (JV).

GSK will own 68% of the JV, while Pfizer will own the remaining 32%. The portfolio of the JV will be focused on consumer healthcare products across pain relief, respiratory, vitamin and mineral supplements, digestive health, skincare, and therapeutic oral health categories.

Based in the UK, GSK is a healthcare company engaged in developing innovative medicines, while Pfizer is a US-based pharmaceutical company focused on producing medicines for brain disorders.

Incyte has entered a strategic collaboration agreement with Innovent Biologics to license three clinical-stage products.

Incyte will receive an upfront cash payment of $40m from Innovent and $20m following the filing of the first investigational new drug (IND) application.

“The transaction will provide Sandoz with access to Ares Genetics’ ARESdb database and the ARES Technology Platform.”

Innovent will also pay $129m in potential development and regulatory milestones and $202.5m in potential commercial milestones, as part of the agreement. Incyte will also have the option to support the promotion of the three product candidates in China.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

Innovent will hold the rights to develop and commercialise pemigatinib, itacitinib, and parsaclisib for haematology and oncology indications in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, under the agreement. It will also receive tiered royalties on future sales of products.

Incyte is a US-based biopharmaceutical research company focused on oncology product development, while Innovent Biologics is a China-based development-stage biopharmaceutical company engaged in developing and manufacturing monoclonal antibodies.

Novo Nordisk has entered an agreement with Staten Biotechnology for the development of drugs for the treatment of hypertriglyceridaemia.

Novo has agreed to pay a signing bonus of €430m ($487m) to Staten Biotechnology, which includes exercise fees, R&D funding and milestone payments.

Novo will provide funding and support to Staten for the research and development (R&D) of the STT-5058 product candidate, under the terms of the agreement.

The agreement also includes an option to acquire Staten Biotechnology and in turn obtain the worldwide rights to STT-5058.

Based in Denmark, Novo Nordisk is a healthcare company focused on innovation in diabetes care, while Staten is a Netherlands-based biotechnology company engaged in developing novel and innovative strategies for cardiovascular events.

Sandoz has entered a partnership with Ares Genetics to develop a digital anti-infectives platform.

The transaction will provide Sandoz with access to Ares Genetics’ ARESdb database and the ARES Technology Platform.

The new digital anti-infectives platform will be developed through a combination of microbiology laboratory methods, state-of-the-art bioinformatics, and artificial intelligence technologies.

Based in Germany, Sandoz is a subsidiary of Novartis and a generic pharmaceuticals company, while Ares Genetics is an Austria-based pharmaceutical company and wholly owned subsidiary of Curetis.