MCC HiCel brand is the most consistent brand in the Microcrystalline industry, manufactured by the Spray Drier route only, boasting results and parameters superior to the best in the market.
The Pharma industry regards Spray Dried MCC to be technically superior to the Bulk Dried MCC, due to various inherent advantages of Spray Drying. The 50M in the grade typically denotes the average particle size in Microns. This grade is well suited for wet granulation, roller compaction and spheronisation. HiCel 90M combines good and constant flow rates with compactibility. It’s mostly used for Direct Compression. 90M denotes the average particle size of 90 Microns.
The Functionality in Pharma Applications are
- As a Strong, dry binder
- High dilutionpotential
- good compressibility
- broad particle size distribution
- low bulk density
- Provides for high tablet hardness at low pressure
- high porosity
- plastic deformation
- Facilitates low tablet friabilityPromotes rapid tablet disintegration
- Good flowability
- Less glidant requirement
- Lower tablet weight variation
- Antiadherent and inherent lubrication, can reduce lubricant requirement