Acetylsalicylic acid is also known as “Aspirin”. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It...
Hilose™ is an internally cross-linked polymer of carboxymethyl cellulose sodium that is used as a super disintegrant in pharmaceutical formulations. Cross-linking makes it an insoluble and highly absorbent material, resulting in excellent swelling properties. Its unique fibrous nature gives it excellent water wicking capabilities.
Advantages of Hilose include:
- Rapid swelling characteristics
- Superior flow property
- Good stability with active pharmaceutical ingredients (API)
- Long-term stability
- Fast tablet disintegration
- Fast drug dissolution
Applications of Hilose include:
- Used in oral pharmaceutical formulations as a super disintegrant for capsules, tablets and granules formulations.
- Used in tablets, including dietary supplements to assist the tablet in disintegrating in the intestinal track
- In tablet formulations, it is used in both direct compression and wet granulation processes
- Effective in combination with both insoluble filler-binders and slightly soluble to soluble filler-binder
- Used in wet granulations as an intragranular or extragranular super disintegrant
Stargel™ is a sodium salt of carboxymethyl ether. It is a white to off white, tasteless, odourless, free-flowing powder. The degree of crosslinking and degree of substitution have been optimised to give rapid water uptake by the polymer without the formation of a viscous gel that may impede water penetration into the tablet.
Starch glycolates are of rice, potato, wheat or corn origin. Potato is the preferred type of starch for sodium starch glycolate.
Advantages of Stargel include:
- Absorbs water rapidly, resulting in swelling which leads to rapid disintegration of tablets and granules
- Good flowability and mixing properties
- Super disintegrant
- Increased tablet compression pressure
Applications of Stargel include:
- Used in direct compression and wet granulation processes
- Used in oral pharmaceuticals as a disintegrant with a rapid swelling for tablet and in capsules formulations
- Dissolution enhancing agent
- Gelling agent
- Used as a suspending agent, a food stabiliser and as an anti-ageing agent for bread
- Used in the manufacturing of ice cream
Sigachi is pleased to announce the launch of BARETabTM PH. BARETabTM PH is a high...
Below is our company response regarding the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic. These are uncertain times for...
Metformin hydrochloride is a popular drug for diabetes. It is a first-line medication for the...