The UniSafe is a springless, passive safety device for pre-fillable syringes.
This device is designed to work with standard, pre-fillable syringes. This means nothing that touched the drug needs to change.
Unisafe looks and works like a normal syringe.
Key features of UniSafe include:
- UniSafe is designed without a spring, which means that the syringe barrel is unobscured and allows the user to visually confirm the full dose has been delivered
- It is designed to help improve user comfort with a large ergonomic plunger and a smooth, integrated finger flange
- This device helps prevent accidental activation, which can occur with traditional spring-based safety syringes
- Passive needle retraction means that the device is safe as soon as the plunger is fully depressed
- It is designed to work with staked needle pre-filled syringes
- It may be used by both healthcare professionals and patients
- It is disposable and has an ISO standard glass syringe
- The syringe size is 1.0ml
- It has a low-viscosity of 1cP to 2cP
- It is fixed dose
- It provides a subcutaneous injection activated manually
- It has passive needle safety and the needle is hidden after injection
- It features a visual and tactile end-of-dose indication
- It has high-volume manufacture and assembly
Steps for use:
- Remove the needle shield and insert the needle into the skin at the injection site
- Fully depress the plunger to evacuate the drug in the same way as a normal pre-filled syringe
- The needle then retracts and is locked into the device