USP Chapter 800 updates USP 797 regulations increase pharmaceutical worker protection for handling of chemotherapy and other hazardous drugs (HD) in medical centers, hospital pharmacies and compounding pharmacies.
Cleanroom Connection offers USP800 compliant personal protective equipment (PPE) as well as compliance consulting and training.
Examples of USP800 compliant HD handling products include:
- ASTM chemo-rated gloves required for handling HDs. Latex and nitrile sterile and non-sterile versions are available.
- N95 and R95 NIOSH-certified face masks are available. USP800 recommends surgical N95 masks when working with hazardous drugs.
- Autoclavable and sterile single-use goggles when used with appropriate face mask protect eyes from exposure to HDs.
- ASTM-rated impervious chemo gowns and lab coats are approved by USP800 for safe handling of HDs including chemotherapy materials. Polyethylene coated polypropylene material protects pharmacists from particle infiltration and splash.
- Media fill test kits for sterility testing for low, medium and high-risk sterile compounding, with a full catalogue for complete specs on a variety of products including slides, contact plates and fingertip tests.
- Cleanroom disinfectants such as sterile alcohol, quaternary ammonium and sporicidals are available in a range of formulas and quantities. All disinfectants come with free consultation on protocol and product compatibility questions.
- More HD-handling supplies are available such as chemo spill kits, prep mats and IVA seals.
For free samples of USP800 supplies, please contact +01 516 596 8781 (toll-free in US: 800 616 5319) or email email@example.com