Webinar: Digitalisation of Autoinjector Manufacturing
On June 22, SHL Medical’s Chief Operating Officer Martin Turvill will be joined by Helbling Business Advisors Partner and Executive Board Member Sébastien Martin in a Quality and Manufacturing Innovation webinar, hosted by the CPhI Podcast Series.
Titled “Digitalization of autoinjector manufacturing: End-to-end data processing and digitalization for enhanced quality in drug delivery device manufacturing”, the webinar will discuss the intricacies of digitalization in autoinjector manufacturing, reporting on key learnings from SHL’s implementation of end-to-end digital processes – from product and process development down to the shop floor and machine monitory systems.
The speakers will also address the intersection of manufacturing and quality and share their thoughts on how businesses are able to make better data-driven business decisions when embracing digital transformation. The speakers will also share their insights into how digitalization can help tackle the challenges around sustainability, which is a pressing societal goal.
Key takeaways from this webinar include:
- A general overview of digitalization, from a global, industrial perspective down to a contextual overview of digitalization in the MedTech industry
- Practical examples of digitalization methods, including a well-thought-through and laid-out strategy that involves simulation methods down to execution
- Quality enhancements facilitated by the automation of documentations, such as design history files (DHF), device master records (DMR), and device history records (DHR)
- How to leverage historical data to improve processes, maintaining quality, as well as predicting outcomes: from design to manufacturing through to product release
- Considerations into leading a sustainable thinking along the digitalization journey of a mature, end-to-end manufacturing company.
Meet the presenters
Martin Turvill, COO, SHL Medical
Martin is Chief Operating Officer at SHL Medical. He is responsible for harmonizing and advancing SHL’s manufacturing processes across each of the company’s global sites.
Martin Turvill joined SHL in 2016, providing his expertise in strengthening SHL’s capabilities in process and system developments as head of Process Development. In 2018, he became Managing Director of the Taiwan site. He brings over 20 years of experience in the medical device industry, leading various roles in research and development, engineering, and operations.
Sébastien Martin, Partner and Executive Board Member, Helbling Business Advisors
Sébastien Martin is a top management consultant and board member at Helbling Business Advisors. He has more than 15 years of experience advising executives and boards of directors in various sectors and industries.
Sébastien has managed and implemented numerous successful projects in the areas of strategy, transformation, revenue improvement, as well as digital process transformation and digitization for local and international companies in Europe, Asia and North America. In all projects, the focus is on the implementation of innovative and sustainable solutions.