The south German special machine manufacturer Bausch+Ströbel extends its product range in filling and packaging...
WILCO of Switzerland has manufactured the first ever in-line foreign particle detection system based on low energy X-Ray. This stunning new technology has been developed over several years and allows the detection of both visible and non-visible foreign particulate matters in lyo, suspension and clear liquid formulations.
Additionally, due to its working principle of detection changes in material densities, it is also ideally suited to perform component verifications, such as the detection of non-visible needle damages on pre-filled syringes, damaged rubber stoppers, chipped glass rims underneath the alu cap on vials, or the verification of correctly assembled auto-injectors.
As a latest finding, the technology can also be used to perform liquid fill volume measurements.
While passing through the low-energy X-Ray field, any particles, visible and non-visible, are being magnified onto a fast CMOS detector array. The resulting size of the particle picture can be calculated due to the distance relations between X-Ray source/sample and sample/detector.
The detector converts the incoming X-Rays into light and transfers the picture onto the CMOS diode array. The results are immediately available and are evaluated instantaneously, allowing the processing of high production speeds.
The energy, to which the products are actually subjected to, is in the µW range, guaranteeing this process to be absolutely safe.
Non-accepted containers are tracked and separated when they reach a reject station, with the physical removal confirmed in a fail-safe manner.
- Particles are finally also detectable in lyo cakes and suspensions and it is also usable for clear liquids
- Non-visible particles inside a lyo cake and suspension are detected regardless of the location, in comparison to camera-based systems, which rely on the visibility of particles
- Glass, metal, and many other particles are detectable, regardless of the colour of the packaging material
- Bubbles do not cause false rejects, since these are practically invisible to X-Ray
- No spinning of products required
- Using a low-energy radiation source ensures no effect on product stability
- Combinable with CCI and cosmetic inspection
- Modular machine design, allowing integration of the technology into the final quality machine platform or use as stand-alone technology
The system follows strict GAMP design guidelines and 21 CFR part 11 regulations. All necessary qualification paperwork can be supplied, either in standard WILCO format or customised. A world-wide service network guarantees help when and where it is needed.
WILCO Manufactures the First Fully Automatic Final Quality Machine Concept, Combining Several Inspection Technologies on One Common Machine Platform
WILCO of Switzerland has designed, manufactured and installed the first final quality machine, where several...
WILCO Complements its Wide-Range of Leak Detection and Inspection Machines with a High-Speed, Fully Automatic “Nested Pattern” Trayloader
WILCO of Switzerland has designed, manufactured and installed the first completely servo driven high-speed nested...
WILCO to Exhibit New Leak Testing Method for Filled Pharmaceutical and Consumer Goods Aerosol Cans at ACHEMA
WILCO will be exhibiting its new high-tech testing method for filled aerosol cans, which can...