The new Automatic Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) is a flexible solution, not only for storing, but also for testing, buffering and sorting within assembly production.
"The new ASRS minimises the value tied up in work-in-process. Examples from the PC-manufacturing industry shows that we have reduced WIP by more than 50% in the final test and software download process," says Mats Lillqvist, FlexLink.
- Production buffering - eliminating bottlenecks in production peaks or maintenance
- Sorting - temporary FIFO storage until batch completion
- Kitting - storage of components, tools and fixtures enables minimum time for setup and change over
- Storing - for operations like drying, cooling, heating, curing and ageing
- Testing - efficient utilisation through automated and parallel 24/7 testing