Pharmagel softgel capsule is the complete plant solution in Pharmaceuticals.
Soft Gelatine Capsules – Softgels —shows considerable growth.
This is due to their bioavailability & marketing advantages:
- Rapid action, due to their short disintegration time
- Longer product life of encapsulated actives
- Possibility of dosage reduction
- Accuracy of dosage
- Homogeneity of preparation
In the pharmaceutical field soft gelatin cap¬sules are increasingly being chosen for:
- for strategic reasons (line extension),
- technological issues (high content uniformity of low-dose drugs),
- safety aspects (reduced operator and environmental contamination with highly potent or cytotoxic compounds)
- consumer preference (easy to swallow)
The main concern of the nutraceutical industry is to present herbs, extracts, vitamins in a potent, non-oxidised, and natural state.
Softgels have the ideal dosage form profile:
- Oxidation proof barrier
- Maintains oils in their natural state and prevents evaporation
- Very long shelf life
- Can prevent interaction between incompatible substances
- Masks unpleasant odours
- Easy to swallow – especially by women and children
Further to the above mentioned strong points, also valid for Pharmaceuticals, there are additional features which are specifically important for the development of high popularity OTC products:
1—Tamper-proof (cannot be opened and refilled). Softgels are an increasingly common first choice for OTC’s in North America, Europe, Australia because of their tamper-proof characteristic.
2— Far superior bioavailability in comparison to the vast majority of tablets and hard shell capsule products. Softgels capsule products give faster relief of symptoms. An important factor in achieving this rapidity of action is the fact that polyethene glycol solutions of various key actives used in cough / cold preparations, ibuprofen etc can be easily encapsulated in Softgels.
Softgels grant an often superior oral dosage form and the ethical pharmaceutical formulator can count also on the following key points:
1— The most accurate oral dosage form – up to ±1% dosage accuracy
2— Lower incidence of side effects due to improved bioavailability
3— Manufacturing safety, no airborne powders in manufacturing
- Unit dose tube products are possible
- Temperature stable suppositories and pessaries are possible
- Profitability & flexibility – only one production line required for oral capsules, tube capsules, suppository/pessaries capsules
Delivery of controlled unique dose to animals.
The challenge of administering drugs to animals is well known, dose acceptance and obstacles to therapeutic compliance through the use of softgel formulation technologies designed to ensure that drugs can be administered properly and easier.
For oral and pour on system, suitable application for parasite control.
There are many applications:
- Unit dose adhesives
- Insecticides, nematocides
- Unit dose plant foods
- High attraction fish bait
- Food flavourings
The food industry uses Softgels to package concentrated flavours along with food products.
This allows standardization and ease of container filling. The flavours are kept in good condition and there will be no residue during use, as the whole unit is easily dissolved. Softgels can also be used for the accurate flavour dosing of bulk food.
Pharmagel is a leading reference point for worldwide softgel capsule production, thanks to its extraordinary...
Pharmagel's quality and reliability have been tested and accepted by some of the biggest pharmaceutical...
Use of a Modified Starch for Softgel Coating, Suitable for Food, Nutraceutical and Pharmaceutical Products
In the last years, the market of the food and nutraceutical supplements has had a...