Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be a sustainable business. As part of the Spectris group we have set a leading ambition to achieve Net Zero across our value chain, including all Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions. In support of this ambition, we have set the following targets:
- Our Operations – We commit to reducing absolute Scope 1 and 2 emissions by 85% by 2030 from 2020 and achieving Net Zero by 2030: and
- Our Value Chain – We commit to reducing absolute Scope 3 emissions by 42% by 2030 from 2020 and achieving Net Zero by 2040.
Both targets are aligned with latest climate science and the Paris Agreement’s goal to limit global warming to 1.5oC above pre-industrial levels.
We have submitted both targets to the Science Based Targets Initiative for validation.
In support of these targets, we are:
- Aligning with the RE 100 initiative and committing to sourcing 100% of our global electricity from renewable sources by 2030;
- Aligning with the EV 100 initiative and committing to a 100% electric global fleet by 2030;
- Committing to zero waste to landfill by 2030 across our global operations; and
- Accelerating our focus on product efficiency and product circularity.
“We are working hard at sustainability and Net Zero because it is the right thing to do and now is the time to do it,” said John Mitchell, President of Particle Measuring Systems, “it also saves us money while supporting the work environment and health of our employees”.
A full roadmap of our Net Zero ambition can be viewed here.