Pharmacogenetic and pharmacogenomic analysis of the effects of pharmaceutical compounds helps to realise the concept of individualised drug therapy or personalised medicine.
Eurofins Genomics is a competence centre for genetic analyses of the Eurofins Scientific Group. The company has evolved into a reliable outsourcing partner for the biopharmaceutical industry and academic institutions for high-fidelity DNA sequencing and molecular biological techniques.
Eurofins Genomics has expanded to offer regulatory-compliant genomic services for pharmacogenomics / pharmacogenetics and biological safety testing. It is certified according to ISO:9001 and ISO:17025, and audited by pharmaceutical clients for GxP.
Comprehensive genetic analysis services
Eurofins Genomics has extensive experience in the application of different methods and techniques in the field of genetic analysis, which are crucial for the entire drug development and production process, starting from the preclinical phase through all clinical trials (phases I, II and III), to quality control for production of biologicals.
Eurofins Genomics offers a broad spectrum of services in the areas of analysis, research and development. We offer services for single samples, as well as for batches of a few to several thousand samples on high-throughput level. With our services, we help you develop agents and drugs more efficiently and economically, to use them optimally and precisely, and help avoid possible adverse effects. We also ensure the safety of the compounds through quality control during production.
All projects are discussed before providing a quotation to ensure a clear and precise understanding of your needs and requirements. Each project is planned thoroughly, with interim milestones scheduled, to ensure the highest probability for success.
Pharmacogenomics / pharmacogenetics and biological safety testing
Our pharmacogenomics / pharmacogenetics services portfolio covers:
- DNA / RNA extraction
- GLP-compliant genotyping and sequencing
- SNP, mutation and biomarker analysis
- Analysis of target genes
- Expression analysis by real-time PCR
- HT genotyping
- Microarrays, e.g. SNP analysis and gene expression
- Next-generation sequencing (NGS), such as tumour profiling / cancer sequencing, exome sequencing, transcriptome analysis and whole genome sequencing
- Focus: G-proteins
- Applications for pharmacogenomics / pharmacogenetics
Our biological safety testing services include:
- Adventitious agent testing via next-generation sequencing
- Genetic stability testing (GST)
- Analysis of production strains and cell banks
- Microbial detection and differentiation
- Residual DNA testing
- Cell line authentication via STR DNA typing
Our regulated services include:
- Assay development and validation
- Scientific consultancy during the planning and implementation of analyses in the scope of clinical trials
- Expert advice on the evaluation and interpretation of results
- Quality assurance and quality management following GxP guidelines
- GLP-grade documentation (study plan and final report)
- Project consultancy and project management
Technical devices for high-throughput analysis
We stock the following technical equipment:
- Roche Genome Sequencers Junior and FLX/FLX+
- Illumina MiSeq and HiSeq 2000 / 2500
- Life Technologies Ion Proton
- ABI 3730 XL 96/ 3100/3130 16 Capillary Sequencers
- ABI TaqMan 7500, 7900HT, Low-density arrays (TLDA)
- Roche Lightcycler LC 480 II
- Fluidigm Biomark
- Sequenom MALDI-TOF
- Affymetrix 3000 G7 and GeneTitan
- Illumina BeadStation and iScan
- Beckman Pipetting Robots
- Hamilton Robotic Systems
- Perkin Elmer Chemagen Chemagic MSMI
- Qiagen QIAsymphony, Universal Workstation, QIAcube
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is constructing a new manufacturing facility in Norton, Massachusetts, US. The company broke ground on the $200m facility on 28 April 2016.
International Introduction of GMP Oligonucleotides for IVD and ASR Applications by Eurofins Genomics
Eurofins Genomics has introduced its good manufacturing practices (GMP) oligonucleotide offerings across Europe for in-vitro diagnostic and analytic specific reagents (ASR) applications within the pharmaceutical industry.
Eurofins Genomics is the first genomics service provider in Germany to achieve good laboratory practice (GLP) certification for DNA sequencing services.
Eurofins Genomics has announced a co-operation agreement with Igenbio to serve a worldwide market, by combining their expertise in sequencing and analysis services for microbial, fungal and algal organism.
Eurofins Genomics, an international market leader in genomic services, has been accredited the ISO17025:2005 standard since 2007, demonstrating an outstanding track record in high quality molecular testing.
In humans, only 1%-2% of the genome is protein coding, the so-called exome. Exome sequencing is favoured over whole genome sequencing due to costs, efficiency and the easier interpretability of a much lower data volume compared to whole genome sequencing.
Eurofins Scientific has announced it is combining its competencies with MWG Operon and Medigenomix to provide the most complete suite of genomics services in the market, under the brand name Eurofins Genomics.
Eurofins MWG Operon has expanded its exome sequencing services with the Ion Proton Next Generation Sequencer.
Quantification of Residual DNA from Production Strains or Cell Lines in Biopharmaceutical and Biotechnological Products
Protein based diagnostics and therapeutics gain more and more importance. These molecules are produced utilising production strains and cell lines ranging from bacteria to mammalian cell lines.
Adventitious viruses are a major safety concern in biological products. For a substance to be considered free of an adventitious agent, assays must demonstrate that a defined quantity of the biological product is negative for an agent at a defined level of sensitivity.