As a leading manufacturer of pumps and pump systems, LEWA has the ability to assist you with defining a complete solution, customised to meet your process requirements. We’ll deliver systems conforming to all regulatory requirements (cGMP, GAMP, 21 CFR, etc.), supported with a full documentation package, factory acceptance testing, validation, installation and startup services.
We are best at handling projects from €25,000 to €4,000,000 and we replace the need for utilising an engineering firm. By using LEWA, you are given both technical and commercial guarantees for your process as well as an advantage in schedule compression, resulting in speed to market.
Engineered process systems
LEWA has the expertise to build engineered process systems for the following markets: fine chemical, biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical, veterinary, food and beverage, vitamins, supplements, electronics and industrial cleaning. These markets all require drainable, cleanable, high purity, documented systems.
Low pulsing and low shear all-in-one pump system
LEWA intellidrive® products solve your difficult fluid processing needs, including:
- Low pulsing applications like chromatography and filtration
- High-viscosity fluids like syrups
- High-precision metering for filling operations
- Hermetically sealed for sterile processes
- Mixing two fluids in one pump head like gradient formation
- When flow parameters vary like no homogeneous qualities, varying pressure or temperature
Hygienic metering pumps
LEWA hygienic metering pumps (LEWA ecodos® and LEWA ecoflow®) meet all aseptic and sterile demands reliably and efficiently. They are hermetically tight and offer zero leakage with absolutely no shaft connection to the product area, thus ensuring contamination-free metering over long periods of time. Hygienic pumps can also be used as multiplex pumps (e.g. for recipe metering); i.e. various pumps can be assembled side-by-side on a single drive shaft.
- Continuous, proportional blending of sensitive, expensive fluids
- Exact addition of fluids in the chromatography process
- Metering of sensitive liquids, such as enzymes, vitamins or flavors
- Aseptic transfer of proteins and cells, e.g. micro-organisms or blood
- Addition of additives, such as colorants, toxic chemicals, etc.
- Injection of fluids for extrusion or spray mechanisms for the production of active ingredients and tablets
- Micro filtration and ultra-filtration
- High pressure and supercritical applications
In order to guarantee safety for your aseptic and sterile processes LEWA has tested the hygienic pumps for their cleanability according to industrial approved standards (EHEDG cleanability test and QHD test system).
Customised systems for hygienic processes – diaphragm pumps and pulseless pumps
LEWA diaphragm pumps are used by most chromatography companies. Back in the 1970s the first chromatography system using a LEWA pulseless pump for HPLC was delivered. The configurations run the range from simple metering skids for introducing micro-ingredients to complex systems for proportional blending or transfer of multiple product streams.
LEWA lifetime services around the globe
Our service is not limited to delivering pumping equipment and systems. With our manufacturing facility in Leonberg, Germany, more than 15 centres of competence worldwide and qualified representatives and sales offices in 90 countries, we are able to respond to your fluid transfer and metering needs at any time.