For measuring temperature-stabilised water in the pharmaceutical, food, and cosmetics industries, ROTRONIC’s AwTherm has a wide control range.
It permits measurements to be obtained directly in the tempered manufacturing or storage process. Water activity measurement reacts very sensitively to variances in temperature. Stabilising prevents imprecise results due to external temperature influences.
Interchangeable measuring head
A further advantage of AwTherm is that the measuring head is removable. This means the probe can be calibrated or adjusted for both temperature and humidity to give high-precision.
The AwTherm has simple handling and clarity and works in conjunction with the ROTRONIC HW4 software.
Why measure water activity?
The free water in a product influences its microbiological, chemical, and enzymatic stability. If there is too much free water present, the products spoil, while too little water can be detrimental to the product characteristics.
Measuring water activity provides useful information about characteristics such as cohesion, storage lifetime, clotting or pourability of powders and tablets, or the adhesive properties of coatings.
- Features at a glance
- ROTRONIC HYGROMER® IN-1 sensor
- Highest precision through exact stabilization of temperature
- Wide temperature control range
- Excellent reproducibility
- Excellent long-term stability
- Variable size of sample container
- Reference probe interchangeable for calibration or cleaning
- Fast measurements with the AwQuick function
- Simple operation via Touch Interface
- Conforms to ISO 21807, EMC 2008/108/EC, and IEC EN 61010-1:2010
With its headquarters in Bassersdorf, Switzerland, Rotronic AG is an owner-managed Swiss trading and manufacturing company with 8 subsidiaries and 42 sales points worldwide.